To promote the realisation of social and economic rights as enshrined in the constitution, for the progressive fulfilment of the rights and ensure that relevant Acts of parliament are duly realigned to the constitution by 2020.
ZIMCODD will continue to promote realisation of social and economic rights in the constitution as part of strategies towards sustainable social and economic justice in Zimbabwe. ZIMCODD seeks to track, monitor and advocate for the implementation of the constitution provisions. It will popularise, engage and build capacity of citizens and policy makers on social and economic rights. Although the constitution makes progressive provision there are claw back clauses which infringe on the full realisation of social and economic rights. Hence the need for the continued engagement, lobby and advocacy.
• Social and economic rights guaranteed in the constitution.
• Demand driven Citizenry on social and economic rights.
• Transparency and accountability in the implementation of social and economic rights.
• Progressive, pro-people and pro-poor social and economic policies
• Vibrant platforms of engagement with policy makers.